Liste des déclarations formulées au titre du traité n° 153
Situation au 27/4/2015
Declaration contained in the instrument of ratification deposited on 16 January 2014 – Or. Fr.
In the event that this Convention were to be ratified by the United Kingdom and extended to Gibraltar, Spain would like to make the following declaration:
1. Gibraltar is a non-autonomous territory whose international relations come under the responsibility of the United Kingdom and which is subject to a decolonisation process in accordance with the relevant decisions and resolutions of the General Assembly of the United Nations.
2. The authorities of Gibraltar have a local character and exercise exclusively internal competences which have their origin and their foundation in a distribution and attribution of competences performed by the United Kingdom in compliance with its internal legislation, in its capacity as sovereign State on which the mentioned non-autonomous territory depends.
3. As a result, the eventual participation of the Gibraltarian authorities in the application of this Convention will be understood as carried out exclusively as part of the internal competences of Gibraltar and cannot be considered to modify in any way what was established in the two previous paragraphs.
4. The process provided for by the Arrangements relating to Gibraltar authorities in the context of certain international treaties (2007) which have been adopted by Spain and the United Kingdom on 19 December 2007 (jointly with the "Agreed Arrangements relating to Gibraltar authorities in the context of EU and EC instruments and related treaties", dated 19 April 2000) apply to this European Convention relating to questions on copyright law and neighbouring rights in the framework of transfrontier broadcasting by satellite.
5. The application of the Convention to Gibraltar should not be interpreted as an acknowledgment of any right or any situation regarding areas not covered by Article X of the Treaty of Utrecht of 13 July 1713, concluded between the Crowns of Spain and of the United Kingdom.
Période d'effet : 1/5/2014 -
Communication contained in a Note verbale from the Council of the European Union and the Commission of the European Communities, dated 27 November 2009, registered at the Secretariat General on 30 November 2009 – Or. Engl./Fr.
The Treaty of Lisbon amending the Treaty on European Union and the Treaty establishing the European Community will enter into force on 1 December 2009.
As a consequence, as from that date, the European Union will replace and succeed the European Community (Article 1, third paragraph, of the Treaty on European Union as it results from the amendments introduced by the Treaty of Lisbon).
Therefore, as from that date, the European Union will exercise all rights and assume all obligations of the European Community, including its status in the Organisation, whilst continuing to exercise existing rights and assume obligations of the European Union.
In particular, as from that date, the European Union will succeed to all agreements concluded and all commitments made by the European Community with your Organisation and to all agreements or commitments adopted within your Organisation and binding on the European Community.
[Note by the Secretariat : As from 1 December 2009, any reference to "the European Economic Community", "the European Community" or "the European Communities" contained in the text of the treaties and agreements concluded within the Council of Europe shall be read as "the European Union". The website of the Treaty Office has been modified accordingly, and a Note by the Secretariat will be added to the texts of the treaties concerned.]
Période d'effet : 1/12/2009 -